What Clothing Shoes And Accessories Do I Need To Pack For A Cruise
A cruise vacation covers a lot of ground, which means youll need a lot of flexibility with your wardrobe, too. You can generally count on transitioning from daytime casual to Evening Chic aboard the ship, and you should also be able to segue from a fun-in-the-sun beach outing to a rainy-day city walking tour with ease.
Consult the weather forecasts closely in the days leading up to your trip, and think in terms of layers and mix-and-match ensembles to make sure your suitcase doesnt burst at the seams. Dont be afraid to recycle your more gently worn outfits: Rest assured that your fellow cruisers will be none the wiser if you don the same duds twice.
Youll want comfy pajamas to cozy up in after a long day spent exploring port.
Dont Overpay For Your Celebrity Cruise
Heres how I get the lowest price when I book a cruise
Please dont book with any old company just because they have a cheap deal. I recommend that you find the best price and then take it to a trusted travel agent who will beat it, as well as giving you the best service.
Celebrity Cruise Ship Room Service
Celebrity Cruises requires a fee of USD 4,95 for ordering items from the cruise ship’s room service menu.
- Room Service is operated on each Celebrity cruise vessel and between 11 pm – 6 am.
- Prior to September 2015, the basic room service items delivery to passengers’ cabins was complimentary. The exception was for some premium items .
Don’t Miss: Cruise Lines With Single Cabins
Celebrity Cruises Ships By Size
What does Tonnage mean?
GRT is a term used to calculate the volume inside a ship. It is a measure of cubic capacity and is calculated by the total volume from inside the hull and decks of the ship. 1 GRT = 100 cubic feet of space. In essence, the bigger the GRT the more space the ship has for passengers, cargo, etc.
How are Passengers calculated?
Youll see multiple numbers for passengers on ships this is because many ships include extra beds in cabins but the majority of cabins usually have 2 people in them. the Max number is if every cabin used their additional pull-out bed, etc. This number is unlikely to be reached very frequently.
Compare Celebrity Ships Side By Side
We found you16 ships
Departs From:Miami, Bayonne, Cape Liberty, Bayonne, Boston, Reykjavik
Departs From:Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Southampton, Southampton, Miami
Departs From:Tampa, Rome, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Piraeus, Laviron, Barcelona
Departs From:Rome, Civitavecchia, Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Barcelona
Departs From:Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, San Juan, Vancouver, Seward, Singapore, Bali, Tanah Ampo, Mumbai, Yokohama, San Diego
Departs From:Lisbon, Buenos Aires, Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona, Santiago , Valparaiso, Piraeus, Piraeus, Laviron, Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades
Recommended Reading: Cruise Lines Out Of Norfolk Va
Documentation & Contact Info
Be sure to bring along key travel documents, like airline tickets, hotel info, and maps and directions. Celebrity Cruises will send you designated luggage tags electronically, too, which you can print and add onto your luggage before embarking the ship.
Make sure you have copies of key documentation and information as backup, should anything get lost or stolen on your trip. Keep photocopies separate from the originals, and consider having scanned copies saved somewhere digitally, too. Also have important phone numbers available , as well as the mailing and email addresses for any friends or relatives you might want to write to while away.
Its also prudent to keep copies of any prescriptions you take, as well as a list of medications and your medical history, should any medical incidents arise.
Travel guides can come in handy to read up on the ports that await you, while a pen and journal will allow you to jot down anything that might come up on the tripor to document your vacation memories for posterity.
What Is The Difference Between The New And Old Celebrity Ships
Part of the Celebrity Revolution saw a complete redesign and rethink to fit with modern interiors and design and the results are stunning. Leaving behind the copper and rust tones in favour of cool bronzes and whites with a natural element that gives the ships a gorgeous opulent feel.
Ideas such as the Rooftop Garden which is a glorious redesign on the original garden areas of older ships. Although not all ships have had the planned Celebrity Revolution, it is on the cards for many.
Newer ships have enhance facilities such as the Magic Carpet, the Retreat Suite Area and the Eden Bar. The feel is cool, luxurious yes super modern without being cold.
Also Check: Hotel Near Cruise Port In Miami
Hair & Makeup Products
Hair can require extra taming when coming in from a day at the beach or a windy sea day up on deck. Be prepared with all the hairstyling products, accessories, and tools you need, as well as a brush/comb, too .
Bring along your makeup . You might also want a small bottle of perfume or cologne to spritz from, as well.
What Are The Newest Celebrity Cruise Ships
The newest Celebrity Cruises ship is Celebrity Apex. This ship was delivered on 27 March 2020. The ships original maiden voyage was scheduled for 1 April 2020 but due to the global pause, this ship made its debut on 19th June 2021 in Greece.
Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge are the newest mainstream cruise ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet. Two small Galapagos expedition ships, Celebrity Flora and Celebrity Xploration are also relatively new.
Theres then a five-year gap in the construction of new ships, with Celebrity Reflection being built in 2012.
Read Also: Norwegian Cruise Line April 2022
Celebrity Cruises Ships By Class
What is the difference between the Edge-class ships?
Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex are both identical ships. However, Celebrity Beyond is an extra 20 meters longer and has one additional deck. This brings 179 more suites and staterooms to the ship, a bigger sundeck at The Retreat and the Sunset Bar is 180% larger.
Celebrity Ascent is due to match Celebrity Beyond in terms of size and capacity.
What is the difference between the Xpedition-class ships?
The three Xpedition-class ships that Celebrity Cruises own are all custom-built ships, with Celebrity Xploration previously operating as Athala II for Ocean Adventures.
- Celebrity Xpedition is 90m long and carries 48 passengers
- Celebrity Xploration is 30m long and carries 16 passengers
- Celebrity Flora is 102m long and carries 100 passengers
Celebrity Xpedition had its capacity reduced from 100 passengers to just 48 passengers when Celebrity Flora launched. This is to meet the Ecuador permit requirements for cruising in the Galapagos region as Celebrity Cruises only has a permit to carry 164 passengers at any one time in the Galapagos region.
Celebrity Flora is the newest of the Xpedition-class and offers just forty suites all of which have a private balcony. The ship has six decks and has a max cruising speed of just 12 knots.
What Is The Newest Celebrity Ship
The newest ship is Celebrity Beyond a 3260 passenger, Edge class ship which launches soon. Before this Celebrity Apex a 2910 passenger Edge Class ship, and Flora a 100 passengers Galapagos class ship, both ships launched in 2019 reaching totally different audiences. However Celebrity Ascent has just been announced and will launch in 2023.
Read Also: Nile Cruise Cairo To Luxor
Review Of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises is the second-largest brand in the RCCL group of companies. Established in 1990, the “Celebrity” cruise brand joined RCCL in 1997. Celebrity represents one of the best “luxury ship travel” companies for adults, as well as a signature operator of regularly scheduled Panama Canal transition itineraries and one of the top 3 Alaskan cruise lines. In May 2020, the company celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
New Shipboard Wellness Classes
In 2018, Celebrity and Canyon Ranch upgraded fleetwide the onboard fitness program by adding more fitness classes and wellness seminars for passengers. Of all classes, 6 are based on different exercise groups – Acupuncture , Conditioning , Longevity, Mindfulness , Nutrition , Sweat .
Among the new wellness offerings are:
- “Acupuncture for Pain Relief” revives energy levels, treats pain and digestive discomfort, de-stresses, aids a healthy sleep.
- “Pilates to the Beat” is a mat class choreographed with upbeat songs.
- “Age-Defying Technology” reviews the latest technologies, wellness products and services that help anti-aging.
- “Spiritual Cycling” Incorporates mind and energy awareness while cycling to musical beats.
- “Detox 101: Weight Loss and More” reviews the most effective detox foods and how they promote weight loss.
- “Tabata Impact” is a Japanese intense and fast full-body workout offering best cardio and training techniques.
Read Also: Norwegian Sky Cruise Ship Reviews
Avoya Travel Firsthand Equinox Review:
Avoya Travel team members had the opportunity to cruise the Equinox on a 10-night Caribbean sailing. Here are a few of the must-try experiences:
- Blu Restaurant – This specialty restaurant, exclusive to guests staying in Aqua Class balcony cabins, serves up refreshing and revitalizing dishes. The Lamb Shank was cooked perfectly with the meat falling off the bone and was both hearty but didn’t leave you feeling overly stuffed. The crab avocado toast was also a superb dish.
- Tuscan Grille You can sample multiple dishes at this specialty Italian Steakhouse. We ordered meatballs, white-pie pizza, and outstanding lobster pasta all in one sitting and left completely satisfied. This is a specialty restaurant that is worth every penny.
- Great Comedy at the Theater We laughed until we couldnt anymore at the theater where hilarious comedians put on shows with options for both family-friendly and adult-only material.
Celebrity Cruise Gratuities 2021
Since January 2020, the company’s daily gratuity rates were increased by ~7% .
- Standard cabins’ daily gratuity was changed from US$14,50 to US$15.50 pp .
- ConciergeClass and AquaClass staterooms’ daily gratuity was changed from US$15 to US$16 pp .
- Suites’ daily gratuity was changed from US$18 to US$19 pp .
Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger’s onboard account each day. Passengers can prepay gratuities. Daily gratuities are split between the ship’s staff .
In 2018, Celebrity’s daily gratuities were USD 13,50 , USD 14 and USD 17 .
Also Check: Hotels Near New Orleans Cruise Terminal
Which Is The Biggest Celebrity Cruise Ship
The biggest Celebrity Cruises ships at sea now are sister-ships Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex which have a volume of 129,500 GT and 16 passenger decks. However, Celebrity Reflection is 13 meters longer at 319m in length and can accommodate around 100 more guests despite having three fewer decks.
In 2022, the largest Celebrity Cruises ship is Celebrity Beyond. This new cruise ship will have a volume of 146,600 GT and a length of 327 m, making the ship 12% larger than the next biggest ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet.
Health & Safety Products
Cover your health and safety bases by carting along any necessities like medications , pain relievers, vitamins, feminine hygiene products, birth control, as well as a basic, personalized first-aid kit.
Other things to pack for a cruise include sunscreen , as well as insect repellent if youre sailing somewhere tropical.
Keep hand wipes and sanitizer close on hand to help keep the germs at bay while youre on the go.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Norwegian Cruise Ship
Celebrity’s Loyalty Program Captain’s Club
In June 2021, Celebrity updated its “Captain’s Club” loyalty program .
The offerings now include:
- onboard events “Captain’s Club Sneak Peek Series” , “Create and Pour” , Welcome Parties , “Captain’s Club Cocktail Hour .
- Spa discounts , deals exclude MedSpa and Spa Retails, but for Elite and above members Persian Garden’s access is complimentary on one of the port days .
- Laundry packages now include “Evening Chic” with the optional US$20 add-on for unlimited pressing .
- Internet discounts plus bonus minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members, an additional 10% discount is offered with pre-cruise booking. Zenith members receive complimentary the Stream package .
- Beverage package discounts . Zenith members receive complimentary the “Premium Beverage Package”.
- Wine discounts . Zenith members receive one complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant, marked with complimentary wine and flowers.
Celebrity Cruises Ships Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the newest Celebrity ship?
Celebrity Beyond is the newest Celebrity Cruises ship she joined the fleet in April 2022.
What Celebrity ship is Captain Kate on?
Captain Kate McCue is currently on Celebrity Beyond as Master of the ship.
What Celebrity ship goes to Alaska?
Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Millennium all sail in the Alaska region.
What is the biggest Celebrity ship?
Celebrity Beyond became the biggest ship of the Celebrity Cruises fleet in April 2022
What is the smallest Celebrity ship?
Celebrity Xploration is the smallest ship of the fleet at 319 GRT and carrying just 16 passengers. This ship is part of their Xpedition-class ships.
What is the oldest Celebrity ship?
Celebrity Millennium is the oldest ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet. She joined the fleet in 2000.
Who owns Celebrity Cruises?
Celebrity Cruises is a Royal Caribbean brand, having been acquired by them in 1997 from the Greek-owned Chandris Group.
What type of bow does Celebrity Edge have?
Celebrity Edge has a Parabolic ultra bow. A curved rather than pointed bow that actually encapsulates the traditional bulbous bow as seen on ships usually. It offers a 20% greater energy efficiency.
Read Also: Cruises Leaving From Norfolk Va
Celebrity Brand’s Cruising Experience
- Accommodations: some of the largest cruise suites . Luxurious “ConciergeClass” staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Dining: award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. Celebrity’s “Gourmet Bites” every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with “Elizabeth Blau and Associates”, as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- Facilities: the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea . “Celebrity Theatre” for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars, and lounges, including a discoclub, large pools, poolside recreation programs , onboard boutique shopping.
- Enrichment: “Celebrity Lecture Series”. Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, and enhanced golf program.
- “Celebrity Escape” concept offers complimentary classes, workshops, themed events, fashion shows, deck parties, etc.
Since 2013, the company has been partnered with “Top Chef” . In late 2014, both companies started the exclusive “Top Chef at Sea” cruising experience. By this onboard culinary program, fans and foodies have the opportunity to travel with a lineup of celebrity chefs on food-themed “Top Chef Signature Sailing” each year. Celebrity also offers an interactive “Quickfire Challenges” and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings fleetwide on cruises 5-nights or longer .
An Introduction To Celebrity Cruises Ships
For years, Celebrity has been one of the cruise industrys great innovators when it comes to new cruise vessels.
The lines three new Edge Class ships are widely heralded as three of the most innovative cruise ships at sea. They offer such groundbreaking features as cabins with glass walls facing the sea that open at the top to create a balcony-like feel and magic carpet platforms on their exteriors that move up and down for a variety of uses.
The Edge Class ships are just the latest vessels at the line to break ground when it comes to innovation.
The lines somewhat older Solstice Class ships also offer a number of features that were groundbreaking in their time and in many cases remain rare and alluring more than a decade after they first debuted.
Carrying about 2,000 to 3,000 passengers apiece, Celebritys 12 main vessels are large but not giant by todays standards. At around 91,000 to 141,000 tons, theyre nowhere near as big as the giant ships operated by Royal Caribbean, MSC Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line.
The lines three Galápagos-based vessels are downright tiny, as they have to be to operate in the Galápagos. The government of Ecuador, which controls the archipelago, does not allow cruise vessels that carry more than 100 passengers to operate in the destination.
Celebritys three Galápagos-based vessels carry just 16 to 100 passengers each.
Also Check: Seven Seas Explorer Cruises 2021
Passenger Shipping Pause 2020
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group suspended its entire fleet’s passenger shipping operations worldwide by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
Next are listed all Celebrity ships and their first scheduled departure dates/regions – APEX , BEYOND , CONSTELLATION , ECLIPSE , EDGE , EQUINOX , INFINITY , MILLENNIUM , REFLECTION , SILHOUETTE , SOLSTICE , SUMMIT . Celebrity’s Galapagos ships’ restart dates were – Flora , Xpedition , Xploration .
- Celebrity’s Australia and New Zealand 2021-2022 programs were canceled .
- All Celebrity repositioning cruises in 2021 were canceled.
- Most Celebrity’s European schedules 2021 were canceled, excluding APEX and SILHOUETTE .
- Celebrity’s South America 2021-2022 program was canceled.
- Celebrity’s Japan 2021-2022 program was canceled.
All affected bookings received full refunds , including on prepurchased through Celebrity Cruises packages and services. The refunds were in FCC to be used on itineraries that depart up to April 30, 2022. The FCC had to be redeemed by December 31, 2021. Changing the FCC to a monetary refund was possible thru December 31, 2020. Celebrity’s Cancellation Policy was extended to allow penalty-free cancellations up to 48 hours prior departure and receive an FCC.
What Technology Items Do I Need To Pack For A Cruise
These days, all of those electronic gadgets that we love could take up a suitcase all their own! To be digitally entertained and easily catch up with emails and news back home, keep your cell phone and laptop high on your cruise packing list.
Your cell phone might be all you need to take pictures, listen to music, and have an alarm clock for the morning. If thats not the case, you might want to bring along a proper camera , music , and a travel alarm clock.
All those gadgets will need charging, too, so dont forget those chargers. A power strip can help ensure that the stateroom has more than enough juice to go around.
If youll be spending a lot of time by the pool and beach, do consider a waterproof phone case to help protect your cell phone. And if youre staying abroad at hotel pre- or post-cruise, dont overlook voltage adapters, as needed.
Finally, if youre headed somewhere with great wildlifelike Alaska, for instancea good pair of binoculars is sure to up those wow-factor moments.
You May Like: Virgin Cruise Line Scarlet Lady