Transportation Options To The Miami Cruise Port
If youre flying in for your cruise, or simply dont want to worry with the hassle and expense of parking, then there are plenty of transportation options to get to the cruise terminal in Miami.
Below, weve covered the main options to get to the cruise port, along with estimated prices. Keep in mind that prices can change.
Not sure which option is best for you? Below weve covered each, including our favorite recommendations.
For most people, we recommend using Uber or Lyft as they are among the cheapest and most convenient options. If planning to stay in a hotel, then we recommend a Miami hotel with a cruise port shuttle.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Repositioning Cruises
Carnival Holds $1 Million Slot Tournament And There Are Two More That You Can Join
Fancy your chance at winning a share of $1 million dollars? A lucky group of people just did. And if you want your shot, there are two more opportunities to do so.
Carnival hosted the tournament with its largest slots prize ever during a sailing aboard Mardi Gras earlier this month. According to the cruise line, more than 1,600 players participated, making it not just the largest slot prize ever given aboard Carnival, but also its largest casino tournament ever based on number of players.
Of those players, 100 won prizes, with third place taking home $50,000, second place winning $150,000, and first place winning a whopping $500,000 from the cruise line.
Not a bad payday for enjoying yourself on a cruise.
Sharhonda Hdec 19 2017
Very unorganized. We arrived on Friday morning to park 3 guys there only one supposedly represented instapark so we had to wait for the other guy to figure out what was going on.Coming back called at 9:30 am was told to call back in about 30 mins when we were completely out the terminal. Called back no answer several times. Finally got somebody, was told wait would be 30 mins. We waited an hour. Shuttle comes passed us up. I call back to be told it would be another 30 mins which equates to an hr basically. Said forget it and caught a cab for $30 bucks. I requested a refund. We will see. Will never use this service again.
Read Also: Day Cruises From New Orleans
Port Of Miami Parking
- Parking available at all cruise terminals.
- Overnight Parking, per night: $22
- Short-term Parking: $8
- Vehicles longer than 20 feet: Overnight Parking, per night: $22
- Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage.
- Spaces available for oversized vehicles at special rates, , and only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.
- All facilities are patrolled by security.
- All Port of Miami garages and Lot E accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover. No debit cards are accepted.
- Two cell phone waiting lots for automobile drivers waiting for cruise passengers. Across from Terminal B and Terminal 2
- On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only.
- For Garage J Passengers pay upon arrival, are given a decal to post in their vehicle for the duration of their cruise.
- To enter parking garages and Lot 2 on non-cruise days, please contact Port of Miami Cruise Operations 305-347-4800.
For Disabled Persons
Miami-Dade County Ordinance requires all guests with a disabled parking permit or license tag to pay standard parking rates except as provided by Florida State Law. However, two hours of complimentary parking will be provided to vehicles displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag.
Miami Cruise Ship Terminal Directions And Parking
- Cruise Terminal D – 1435 North Cruise Boulevard, PortMiami, Miami, FL 33132
- Cruise Terminal E – 1265 North Cruise Boulevard, PortMiami, Miami, FL 33132
- Cruise Terminal F – 1103 North Cruise Boulevard, PortMiami, Miami, FL 33132
Rates are subject to change.
$22.00 per night
- All facilities are patrolled by security
- Garage Parking / Parking Lot #2
- Accepted forms of payment: Cash , Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card or any major U.S Travelers Check. Debit Cards are not accepted.
- No advance reservations required
- Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage
- Spaces are available for oversized vehicles in Parking Lot #2 only, across from Cruise Terminal E. Vehicles longer than 20 are charged an additional $22.00 per night.
Cell Phone Waiting Lots
Two cell phone waiting lots for automobile drivers picking up debarking cruise passengers are available across from Terminal B and Terminal 2 .
Read Also: What Are The Different Cruise Lines
Virgin Voyages Terminal V
On November 28, 2018, Richard Branson and Tom McAlpin officially announced in Miami City companys plans to build a new cruise terminal in PortMiami.
Virgin Voyages Terminal is a 3-story building located on PortMiamis northwestern side . Approval for the project was given on Sept 20, 2019, with subsequent berthing agreement deal.
Construction works started in October 2019, with scheduled completion in November 2021. The USD 150 million facility was officially renamed from Terminal H to Terminal V. Virgin Voyages has brands name on a for-profit train connecting Miami with West Palm Beach . Virgins cruise operations from PortMiami were planned to start in April 2020 with Scarlet Lady.
In late-October 2019 was approved the agreement for Brightline Miami to be rebranded Virgin Trains and Virgin Group to build a train station at the cruise port. The new station serves high-speed trains and connects PortMiami directly with the USAs intercity railway system and Orlando International Airport. Construction works on Virgin Trains PortMiami are scheduled for completion in 2022.
PortMiamis Terminal V was officially opened/inaugurated on February 13, 2022. The ceremony was attended by Richard Branson, Tom McAlpin and Daniella Levine Cava .
Flying To Fort Lauderdale
When booking a flight to embark on a cruise sailing out of the Port of Miami, it is advisable to check prices including flights to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport. You may find much better prices, in particular, if flying from outside the United States. The Fort Lauderdale airport is only 30 miles north of the Port of Miami.
Don’t Miss: Alaska Cruises 2021 From Seattle
Cruise Parking Miami Garage
Cruise Parking Miami Garage is a great budget option for Port of Miami parking, close to the cruise terminals in a covered garage with 24-hour security. However, it operates as a self-parking facility and does not offer a shuttle service. Drivers need to book a taxi or Uber to transfer themselves, passengers and luggage to the ship.
- Address: 255 NE 1st St, Miami
- Distance from cruise port: 1.9 miles
- Tel: 786-669-0532
What Time To Arrive
Your arrival time depends on when your specific ship is scheduled to leave. Check with your cruise line for more information. PortMiami recommends all passengers arrive at the port no fewer than two hours prior to sailaway to allow ample time for check-in and security screening.
Read Also: Cheapest Way To Cruise Alaska
How To Get From Fort Lauderdale/hollywood International Airport To Miami Cruise Port
Anybody looking to travel the 30 miles from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miamis Cruise Port will be well served by a fantastic transport nexus specifically tailored to the bustling cruise network. But with so many transportation options available, its good to have in mind what each one offers, so that you can plan accordingly. Whatever transportation you choose, its best to allow at least 45 to 60 minutes for you journey from the airport to your Miami hotel or cruise terminal.
Cruise Line Transfer
Reserving your airport transfer through the cruise line promises a level of convenience, comfort and assurance that other options might not meet. You will often be greeted by cruise company representatives, conducted to a comfortable coach, and be safe in the knowledge that if the shuttle is delayed the cruise will not be leaving without you.
The comfort and assurance of the official option does come at a cost however, with many shuttle services costing around $25 to $35 per person. Charges like this may be fine if you are travelling alone, but they soon add up to a large bill if you are travelling with family.
Airport & Private Shuttles
Check rates for transfers from Ft Lauderdale to Miami
The hotels of Fort Lauderdale near the port are well prepared to service cruisers, but often hotels in the area will only provide shuttle journeys to the nearby Port Everglades Cruise Terminal in Fort Lauderdale itself.
Taxis and Uber Journeys
Portmiami Parking At Hotels
There is no consistent advice that can be shared because the options vary greatly depending on your booking. Some hotels do not allow parking while you are cruising while others have different rules/rates depending on how you booked.
You have a few options:
- Book direct with the hotel. Our hotel section list all the popular hotels with parking/shuttle/review information.
- Book via an online hotel booking agency but these are best for room-only bookings. Trivago is an excellent source for price comparison. There are other favorites like Booking.com and Priceline
- Book with specialist sites that offer packages to include breakfast, parking, and shuttles . HotelNParking, ParkSleepFly
You May Like: Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series For Sale
Where Is The Port Of Miami
Port of Miami Dodge Island1015 N. America WayPort of Miami website
To learn more about parking rates, payment methods, or disabled parking permit rates and exemptions, please visit the PortMiami Parking page for the latest information.
Terminal A is the home terminal for all Oasis Class vessels when sailing out of PortMiami. All other ships, please consult your email communication and directional signage once you arrive to PortMiami.
From Miami International Airport :
- Via Port Tunnel: Take 836 East through the toll.
- Continue onto FL836 E/I-395 E, then keep right to merge onto MacArthur Causeway.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit towards Port of Miami Tunnel and follow the signs to your pier terminal.
- Via Port Bridge: Take 836 East through the toll.
- Exit at US1 N.E. 2nd Avenue/Biscayne Boulevard, proceed straight through one light, and then turn right at the second light onto Biscayne Boulevard .
- Stay in your left-hand lane and turn left into the Port of Miami on N.E. 5th Street.
- Drive across the bridge and follow signs to your pier terminal.
From Ft. Lauderdale International :
- Via Port Tunnel: Take I-95 South to Exit 2D toward I-395 E/Miami Beach.
- Merge onto MacArthur Causeway.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit towards Port of Miami Tunnel and follow the signs for your pier terminal.
More On Cruising From Miami
Port of Miami Guide A complete guide to cruising from the port, covering everything you need to know.
Getting to the Port of Miami Transportation options from airports and the Miami area to the cruise port. Everything you need to know to get to the port and start your vacation.
Miami Cruise Parking Parking at the port? Weve got you covered with all your parking options, including costs and discounts.
Miami Park and Cruise Hotels If you plan to stay in Miami the night before your cruise, look at this list of hotels that offer cruise parking with a one-night stay.
Don’t Miss: Best Time For Caribbean Cruise
Danielle Kjan 18 2018
When I was sure that my day was going to suck all around, I arrived at Miami Quick Park, and Joel took my luggage for me and cracked a joke. From that point on, the rest of my day kept getting better. The facility was great quality and the free shuttle service was great. All of the service was efficient!
Sharaine Sjul 08 2018
Dont use QUICK PARK I had the most awful experience with them! First once leaving after parking mind you no one is busy I still had to wait 15 mins for the shuttle and the guy who took us was playing with the clerk. So they made us wait until they were done playing! Once we came back from our cruise they never sent a shuttle to pick us up after waiting 2 hours i has to pay 30 dollars for a taxi. When I called they answered the first time then blocked my number I had to borrow someone phone to call them then the clerk hung up in my face! When I finally made it there I gave them a piece of my mind and they told me that the shuttle doesnt have to drop or pick you up you only pay to park so if youre looking for shuttle and parking this is false advertising and your shuttle experience will be terrible
You May Like: Largest Cruise Ships In The World
More Casino Tournaments Coming
But if you missed your chance to play, dont worry. Carnival is hosting two more slot tournaments with $1 million in prizes. Thats in addition to more than a dozen different cruises with tournaments in both blackjack and slots that will pay between $25,000-$50,000 in total prizes.
- May 13, 2023 | Carnival Panorama | $25,000
- May 21, 2023 | Carnival Sunshine | $25,000
- May 18, 2024 | Carnival Jubilee | $1,000,000
The good news is that anyone can sail on these cruises and participate in the tournament.
If youre a Carnival Players Club member, then you may receive an offer. If not, you can use the Casino Tournament Access Offer to book a sailing instead. If you book this deal, then your cruise fare will include tournament seats plus included drinks while playing in the casino.
So how much will it cost to sail on these trips?
Price checks show a base price of $519 per person for an interior cabin aboard Carnival Celebration for the October 2023 cruise without being a part of the $1 million slot tournament. That same trip booked with the tournament seat starts at $719 per person or $200 more.
One thing to consider? Carnival says that the recent $1 million slot tournament saw 1,600 participants. And with prizes paid out to 100 players, thats fairly good odds of winning at least something.
You can see the action from the $1 million slot tournament in the video below:
Adrienne Smar 29 2018
The QuickPark facility where I parked my car was extremely disorganized and unprofessional. The female working behind the counter needs additional training in customer service. The drivers did not want to go to the Port of Miami, but were more than willing to go to the Airport. It took 30 minutes for them to coerce a driver into dropping off a group at the Port if Miami. Upon my return to the Port, I called to be picked up and was told that it would be at least an hour before I would be picked up. I waited for 2 hours along with other customers of QuickPark and no one came to pick us up. Upon calling to inquire why it was taking so long the female became angered and began yelling “there are other people ahead of you”. A driver never showed up. I finally took a Cab to the facility and informed the female that no one came and that there were other people still waiting to be picked up. She, in a very sarcastic tone told me I should have taken a Uber when it clearly states on their website they provide rides to the Port of Miami and the Airport. She stated that it was Free, not guaranteed. I asked for a refund or at least payment for my cab and was refused both. I asked for a manager and was told that none existed. This was the worst experience ever. I would never use this company again. At least a refund for the price I paid for the cab is definitely in order.
Recommended Reading: River Boat Cruise San Antonio
Official Port Of Miami Parking Lots
While it is the priciest option, we recommend that cruise passengers simply park at the official port lots. Not only is it the most convenient with the ability to park right at the ship, but it is also the most reliable option weve found. There is a garage located right near each cruise terminal.
For the convenience of parking here, be prepared to pay the price. Overnight parking for most terminals is $22 per night. Parking at Royal Caribbeans Terminal A is $25 per night for sailings of six days or more. The rate is $28 per day for cruises of five days or less.
Parking is available for oversized vehicles, but will cost extra. Credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover, as well as cash and travelers checks are accepted. However, debit cards are not.
Parking comes in both covered and uncovered lots. The good news is that there are several options for where to park, so you can always find a lot thats near your cruise ship. Simply follow the signs to your ship as you arrive at the port and youll find the parking lot or garage nearby.
Heres a map with each lot and garage labeled:
Want to save some money? Disabled passengers in vehicles with specialized equipment and those with Florida disabled veteran license plates can park for free. , or you can call the port at 305-347-4800.
- Cost: $22 per day | $25-$28 per day at Terminal A
- Distance: At terminal
The Cruise Terminals In Miami Port
The Port of Miami has been under huge renovations for a few years with the constructions of two new terminals – Terminal A and Terminal B – but also with the renovations of Terminal C, and building of Terminal H.
The Terminal A in Miami Cruise Port
Here you gave a list of the cruise terminals in the port of Miami and the cruise lines these terminals serve:
- Terminal AA/AAA: under construction, with two berths, to serve MSC Cruises
- Terminal A: opened in November 2018 , serves as homeport to Royal Caribbean International.
- Terminal B: completed in 2021, serving Norwegian Cruise Line .
- Terminal C: under renovation, to be joined with Terminal B.
- Terminal D: MSC Cruises, Fred Olsen, Hapag Lloyd.
- Terminal E: Carnival Cruises, Aida, Princess Cruises and P & O Cruises
- Terminal F: Carnival Cruises
- Terminal G: Celebrity, Royal Caribbean
- Terminal J: Oceania Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Azamara, Regent Seven Seas and Silversea.
- Terminal K: recently approved and under renovation for Disney Cruise Line.
- Terminal V : used to be Terminal H, is under renovation to be the terminal of Virgin Voyages.
The Terminal B in Miami Cruise Port
You May Like: Glass Bottom Boat Dolphin Cruise