Discover The Best Cruise From Jacksonville
How can I find a cheap Jacksonville cruise?
With Expedia, you can find plenty of Jacksonville discount cruises and cruise deals from Jacksonville to fit your travel wants and needs. For cheap cruises out of Jacksonville, consider staying in an economy-style cabin, booking an all-inclusive trip, or traveling with a low-cost cruise company. Regardless of your budget, youll likely be able to find deals from several of the top Jacksonville cruise lines. Planning and booking a 2024 cruise from Jacksonville in advance can help unlock even more discounts and a greater choice of itineraries. Booking last-minute cruise deals from Jacksonville can also be another way to experience new destinations at wallet-friendly prices.
How can I find good deals on cruises from Jacksonville?
You can search cruise ships leaving from Jacksonville throughout the year and then sort the results by price. Jacksonville cruise deals are automatically updated, so you can be sure youre getting the right price at the right time. Jacksonville cruise prices will vary depending on your destination and the time of year you plan to travel, as prices can fluctuate with demand. However, booking 2024 cruises out of Jacksonville in advance can often lead to big savings and additional perks. If you have some flexibility or are just the spontaneous type, you can also find discounts on some of the best cruises out of Jacksonville by looking for last-minute deals.
How to book a cruise from Jacksonville on Expedia?
South Florida Cruise Deals
Everybody should try a cruise, at least once in a lifetime. The Port of Miami and Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale offer an eclectic array of cruise lines that cater to many types of travelers. There is a cruise out there for anyone who enjoys sea breezes, water vistas and cultural experiences.
Of course, there is also something for those who just want to party and eat their hearts out or be entertained on board by live shows and activity directors. For the health-minded traveler there are fitness classes and on-board gyms as well as relaxing spa treatments. Ships these days offer every amenity imaginable, from rock climbing and yoga or Pilates to outdoor movies and even the odd ice-skating rink. So what are you waiting for?
Miami cruise deals are plentiful as there can be as many as 28 weekly departures to choose from at certain times of the year. Cruise lines will offer discounts on last-minute bookings and also on surplus cabins available during seasonal lulls. Take a look at some of your choices on cruise destinations and find the best deals on all of them, below.
Cruises to the Bahamas are a favorite for anyone with limited vacation time as they offer everything from single day cruises to 3 and 4 day options where you can relax on board and also enjoy visiting Nassau, Paradise Island, Grand Bahama, and if you happen to be sailing on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian or Carnivalcruise lines, their own private islands of fun and sun.
Princess Cruises Terminal Testing
While the CDCs testing requirements before a cruise certainly do offer cruise lines the chance to avoid possible positive cases onboard, the timeline of testing within 48 hours before departure is causing significant issues for many passengers.
Especially those flying in from destinations far away from the embarkation port are facing difficulties. To help these guests out, Princess Cruises now offers testing at the terminal as a backup.
The testing procedure at the terminal will not come cheaply, and guests will certainly choose to have this as a backup option only. At $150 per person, terminal testing is considerably more expensive than standard options such as Walgreens and other private testing facilities. Therefore, the cruise line stresses that guests should only use the terminal testing option if they have not received their results in time.
Besides testing before the cruise starts, guests will likely also undergo testing onboard the ship during longer voyages. This will be done on select cruises, including Panama Canal Full Transit and trips of 15 days or longer.
The onboard test will likely occur 3-5 days into the cruise. For voyages 15 days and longer specifically, Princess Cruises will test guests every seven days.
Read Also: Best Women’s Cruiser Bikes
Ft Lauderdale Cruises Travel Tips
- Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes. Often, locals in Fort Lauderdale will opt to wear sandals.
- You don’t need a rental car to explore Fort Lauderdale. Make use of the city’s public transportation instead.
- Many people visit Fort Lauderdale during the day from out of town, so the city quiets down a bit after the sun goes down.
- There are more affordable hotels away from the main beaches in the city.
- Fort Lauderdale is most well-known for its beaches and for good reason. Plan on spending at least a half-day at one of its many beaches.
- Often, Fort Lauderdale is referred to as the “Venice of America.” Make use of the unique water taxis during your trip!
- The city’s most famous dish is seafood. Try to order either calamari, cod, or crab cakes at a restaurant!
- Traffic in Fort Lauderdale can be bad, so plan accordingly when deciding what to do each day.
What To Expect Onboard With Norwegian
If you havent taken a cruise with Norwegian before, you may be surprised to see how laid-back things are. Norwegian has a freestyle cruising mindset, which gives you greater control over your own cruise. Your daily itinerary doesnt have to revolve on a pre-assigned dining time. If you want to dine early one evening and later the next night, go right ahead. We want you to feel relaxed and comfortable on your cruise vacation.
All Norwegian cruise ships offer award-winning entertainment options. There are live entertainment shows, plenty of family-friendly activities, and more. If you are looking for low-key possibilities, youll find around 20 bars and lounges on each Norwegian cruise ship. Norwegians spa has also won numerous awards, including Worlds Best Cruise Spa by the World Spa Awards.
If you are traveling with children, rest assured you will find plenty for them to do on any 2021 cruise from Florida you choose. Fun spots like the Video Zone lets your kids play video games, pinball, and more. Activities vary by ship, but you may have an exclusive kids-only pool, the splash Academy, and Entourage Teen Club.
Several of Norwegians Florida cruises are on the newest ship, Norwegian Encore. Here, youll find the latest and greatest in technological advances. Activities include the Encore Speedway, Norwegians race track at sea, along with laser tag, an aqua park, a virtual reality world, and a special kids aqua park.
You May Like: Lifted 100 Series Land Cruiser
Popular Cruise Destinations From Florida
There are lots of cruise destinations departing from Florida ports. Heres the most popular ones:
Each of these destinations has what are referred to as shoulder seasons, which in laymans terms means o-seasons. During this time, cruises are often substantially cheaper. September specifically is known as the cheapest month to take a cruise since children are back in school and families can no longer travel.
Recommended Reading: What Cruise Lines Sail Out Of Boston
Last Minute Vacations From Jacksonville
So what are you waiting for? If youre able to fly out of Jacksonville in the next few weeks, simply pick your dream vacation destination and well be able to assist you in turning your dream into reality by putting together a competitive package deal. Give us a call today at 510-5642 or if you cant call us now or our office is currently closed, please schedule a personal free one on one consultation with one of our travel specialists when it is convenient for you and let us help you plan your your spur of the moment getaway today.
Recommended Reading: How To Live On Cruise Ship
Last Minute Cruises From Florida
Travel for less than you can imagine with last minute cruise deals out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral or Jacksonville. Take a dream cruise from Florida to sunny islands. Its all there for you, and you can afford it on a last minute cruise.
Cruise lines offer last minute cruise deals so they can fill their ships. Theyd rather reduce the fare for you than have cabins go empty. Recently cruises havent been selling out due to over-capacity in the industry.
$36 per night: 6-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Cruise Line. Priced from $214. Round-trip from Port Canaveral to Amber Cove , Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay . Depart November 27, 2022.
$50 per night: 6-night Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean. Priced from $299. Round-trip from Miami to CocoCay , Falmouth and Grand Cayman . Depart November 6, 2022.
$57 per night: 7-night Caribbean cruise on Holland America Line. Priced from $399. Round-trip from Fort Lauderdale to Half Moon Cay , Grand Turk , Amber Cove and Key West . Depart November 26, 2022.
$65 per night: 10-night Panama Canal Caribbean cruise on Princess Cruises. Priced from $649. Round-trip from Fort Lauderdale to Falmouth , Cartagena , Panama Canal , Cristobal , Limon and Grand Cayman . Depart November 28, 2022.
$71 per night: 10-night Southern Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. Priced from $709. Round-trip from Port Canaveral to Nassau , Ocho Rios , Aruba, Curacao and Puerto Plata . Depart November 28, 2022.
Cruises From Port Canaveral Fl
Welcome to our list of all the cruises leaving from Port Canaveral year-round. Below is the complete schedule of cruises out of the port closest to Cape Canaveral and Orlando Florida in 2022 and 2023 and 2024.
Don’t Miss: Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Ship
Company History And Changes
The 1966-founded NCLH-Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd is an American-Bermudian corporation headquartered in Miami and stock traded company listed on NYSE . In 2014, NCLH’s major shareholders were three corporations – Genting Group , Apollo Global Management , TPG Capital , while the remaining stocks were publicly owned.
In 2017, NCLH had worldwide cruise market share 9,5% and 12,8% . NCLH owns and manages the fleets of three subsidiary companies/sister-brands – NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas. Stats for 2020-Q4 show NCLH as the world’s 4th-largest cruise shipowner by combined fleet’s passenger capacity , preceded by Carnival , Royal Caribbean and MSC .
NCLH’s ownership is equally shared by Star Cruises and Apollo Global Management .
On February 21, 2012, NCL Corporation Ltd acquired Sixthman Ltd for USD 7,5 million. Since 2012, Sixthman operates as a theme cruise charter company serving mainly NCL.
In 2018, NCLH had 8 ships on order to be delivered 2019 through 2027. The company’s newest class has GT tonnage 142,500 tons and passenger capacity 3300.
On July 30, 2018, following the industry’s “eco-trend”, NCL announced banning fleetwide single-use plastic straws. The policy also includes the private islands Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye . As result, annually are eliminated 50+ million plastic straws.
On January 1, 2020, NCL became the industry’s first major company to eliminate single-use plastic beverage bottles fleetwide .
Be Flexible With Stateroom Options
In addition to being flexible about sail dates, keep an open mind regarding the kind of staterooms and destinations youll find when booking a cruise at the last minute.
Certain itineraries have coveted staterooms that sell out months in advance. For example, veranda staterooms on Alaska cruises sell out quickly since everyone wants to see wildlife and glaciers from the comfort of their room during their trip.
If youre more concerned about how to find last-minute cruise deals than having a particular stateroom, then a discounted cruise deal is a good fit for you.
Don’t Miss: Ultimate World Cruise Royal Caribbean
Last Minute Cruise Deals From Florida
Do you live in Florida and want to take a Caribbean cruise, but dont want to pay full price for your vacation? Its well know that booking a last minute cruise is a great way to save. Here well take a look at exactly how to find and book a last minute cruise deal departing from a port in Florida Port Canaveral, Miami, Port Everglades, Jacksonville, or Tampa.
Port Canaveral Cruises Travel Tips
- Bring warm clothes, but also pack layers. No matter what time of the year that youre visiting Port Canaveral, its going to be quite warm during the day. However, it can cool off at night, so dress accordingly.
- Make use of the free cruise shuttle services from the airport and from your hotel, if it includes them. This is a great way to get to and from the port to take your cruise.
- If you dont have to, dont bother driving to Port Canaveral. It costs a whopping total of $17 per day to park at the port, so that can really add up depending on how long your cruise is.
- Explore the area near the port if youre interested in finding some amazing food. There are a multitude of great restaurants here!
- Dont forget to bring sunscreen, because youre going to need it. There are beautiful beaches near Port Canaveral, and its almost always sunny.
Recommended Reading: Yokohama Hotels Near Cruise Port
Jacksonville Cruises Travel Tips
- Jacksonville is a huge sports city. No matter what time of year you visit, youre going to want to try to go to at least one game if you can.
- Be sure to explore more than just the city. There are beautiful beaches and hiking trails in the area that are often overlooked! Make sure you try to see at least some parts of nature.
- If you can afford it, stay right in the city center of Jacksonville. This will save you the most time and money, especially if most of what you want to see and explore is in this area. There are also some relatively affordable spots right in downtown Jacksonville if you book ahead!
- To get the most out of your trip, youre going to want to rent a car. Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States, and it covers over 840 square miles. It can be hard to explore just on your feet!
- Keep in mind that rates are highest in the winter because everyone flocks to Jacksonville for the warmer weather. To save money, visit during the summer months.
Private Cruise Island Enhancements
NCL Norwegian expanded the company’s plans for its Bahamian privately-owned island Great Stirrup Cay and the exclusive luxury resort destination Harvest Caye . Harvest Caye port features a large-sized swimming pool, private beach, shallow lagoon , private cabanas available for rent, as well as a huge flora and fauna diversity.
Great Stirrup Cay was last enhanced in 2014 and by 2017 spring features several new offerings and amenities .
Recommended Reading: Cruises Out Of Galveston 2023
Go Off The Beaten Path In Orlando
With so many things to do in Orlando, youll quickly discover your options are limitless. From award-winning golf courses to fascinating museums and outdoor adventures, this bustling city has fun activities for every type of adventure seeker. Before you cruise out of Orlando, venture out to explore and discover for yourself why its nicknamed The City Beautiful.
Ft Lauderdale Cruise Packages
Though Fort Lauderdale is a great place to visit, no matter the time of year, it arguably has the best weather from December to April. Even in it’s coldest months, Fort Lauderdale still boasts an average of 75°F! Keep in mind that Florida’s hurricane season is usually between June and November.
- Fall – September to November and March to May – Low Season
The fall months serve as Fort Lauderdale’s low season. The average temperature during these months is 86°F. This is when the city’s prices will be the lowest. Normally, everything will still be open.
- Summer – May to August – Shoulder Season
Fort Lauderdale’s shoulder season is the summer months between May and August. Typically, the average temperature is around 88°F during the summer, so it is when the city is its warmest. This is the most popular time for families to come, however, because they’re on summer break.
- Winter and Spring – December to April – High Season
Most people flock to Fort Lauderdale during these months because it serves as a perfect escape for the northern winters! During the winter, the average temperature is 75°F, while the spring boasts a warm 79°F average. Prices are at its highest during this time.
Recommended Reading: Msc Around The World Cruise
Ncl Cruise Ship Lifeguards
In April 2017, NCL announced it will employ certified lifeguards on some of its vessels and fleetwide . The news made NCL the 3rd major cruise company with shipboard lifeguards – following Disney and Royal Caribbean.
- The onboard lifeguards are stationed only at the family pools during scheduled swimming pool hours. This staff will be “American Red Cross” trained and certified.
- NCL also offers complimentary swim vests for both adults and kids. Parents can obtain safety vests at Lido Deck’s towel station during daytime hours.
- The first NCL ships with lifeguards will be Norwegian Epic , Norwegian Escape , Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway .
- NCL started testing monitoring through CCTV cameras at family pools since 2015. So adding full-time lifeguards was a decision for more safety on pool decks. However, it should be known that lifeguards don’t replace parental supervision and that parents remain the best form for preventing onboard accidents.
- DCL-Disney employs certified lifeguards since 2013. RCI-Royal Caribbean employs shipboard lifeguards since February 2017 . RCI’s onboard lifeguards are dressed in special uniforms and stationed at every onboard swimming pool, including the Solarium during the complex’ opening hours.