Food Was Served In Abundance On Both Ships
On Wonder of the Seas, there were nine restaurants that were included for guests and more than a dozen restaurants with specialty offerings like sushi that incurred additional charges, either as a one-time fee or by the dish. Prices for specialty offerings vary on Royal Caribbean ships, but Joey paid between $40 and $60 per meal. For example, A meal at Chops Grille, an upscale steakhouse, cost $55, while a three-course dinner at Mason Jar, a southern comfort food restaurant, was $40.
Joey found that some of her favorite meals were in the restaurants that were included for guests. There were a handful of buffets with all different types of food, and the main dining room served a three-course meal with varying menu items each night.
Monica had about a dozen options for food as well, ranging from a taco stand to a steakhouse. While some were included in the price of the trip, others, like the steakhouse, came at an additional cost. Monica didn’t visit any of the restaurants that cost money, but according to Cruise Critic, the restaurants are either prix fixe or a la carte. Bonsai Sushi, for instance, had $7 sushi rolls while a steakhouse meal cost $42, according to Carnival’s website.
Both ships had familiar names attached to some of the eateries. The Wonder of the Seas had a Johnny Rockets and the Carnival Vista had a Guy Fieri-themed barbecue buffet.
Immerse In Local Cuisine
While tasting local cuisine will surely be delightful, there are a few tours offered in Mexico where you can immerse yourself in the countrys culinary traditions.
Many cruisers rave about the Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas shore excursion, during which you learn how to make various types of salsas, guacamole, and margaritas.
If you have a sweet tooth, consider a visit to the Mayan Cacao Company, where youll be able to learn more about the history and process of making chocolate and indulge in some artisanal chocolate yourself!
If booking a tour doesnt interest you, youll find plenty of other ways to explore Mexicos culinary scene, from chic restaurants to street food.
Cococay Island Refurbishments 2018
Since 2015, RCCL invests huge money in the corporation’s private Bahamian island CocoCay. In March 2018, Royal Caribbean announced a USD 200-million project for developing private land destinations in the regions of the Caribbean, Asia, and Australia-Oceania. As part of this project, on CocoCay will be built unique water attractions.
CocoCay has 3 new beaches. Chill Island Beach offers private cabanas and daybeds. South Beach is specifically designed for beachside activities and offers bungalows, daybeds, teepees . Coco Beach Club is an exclusive beach with overwater cabanas providing premium island vacation experiences. Coco Beach cabana rentals are inclusive of 1 hammock, 1 waterslide, dedicated service . The complex also has a freshwater infinity pool, full bar, restaurant.
In May 2018, RCI announced plans to build permanent accommodations on CocoCay allowing Suite passengers to stay on the island overnight . The concept includes premium cabanas serving passengers on any of the RCI ships calling at CocoCay.
In 2017-2018 was constructed a new pier , as well as a basketball court, bocce ball court, bowling court, volleyball nets, large-size pool table.
In 2016 the private island was upgraded with a swim-up bar at Barefoot Beach, new cabanas, new island dock , 35 beach bungalows at Barefoot Beach.
In 2015, the island was upgraded with new trams and was added a new / shorter tram route and a new freshwater shower .
Also Check: Oasis Of The Sea Cruise Ship
New Services Venues Trademarked Ship Names
Note: OTS=”Of The Seas”
In January 2017 were trademarked the ship names Valhalla OTS, Sunrise OTS, Icon OTS, Symphony OTS. On September 15, 2014, RCCL trademarked the ship names Spectrum OTS, Harmony OTS, Emblem OTS, Joy OTS, Apex OTS. In September 2015 were abandoned the trademarks Emblem OTS, Passion OTS, Pulse OTS, Apex OTS, Joy OTS, Spectrum OTS. Other currently trademarked by Royal Caribbean ship names include Gallant OTS, Phenom OTS, Valhalla OTS, Sunrise OTS.
In September 2018 were trademarked 3 ship names – Eon OTS, Gallant OTS, Phenom OTS. In October was trademarked Metropolis OTS.
In September 2018 was trademarked the Oasis-Class ships’ smokestack area . The design features a crown-shaped bottom section with 2 slanted funnels above. In October 2018 was trademarked the hull’s oblong-shaped stern. The design features AquaTheater Suites , Ultimate Abyss and RCCL’s logo. In December 2018 was trademarked the name “Fly Rider” .
In October 2019, RCI partnered with Funky Buddha Brewery for an exclusive beer label available only on CocoCay Island. The private beer label was trademarked on July 8, 2019. The craft beer is a tropical ale packaged in 12-oz cans and is offered in different labels themed after CocoCay’s areas.
In April 2020, RCG filed a trademark application for “Seaface” – its own sanitary mask brand intended for cruise ship services.
In March 2021 was trademarked the phrase “America’s Cruise Line” .
Royal Caribbean Main Dining Room Dinner Menus 2022 So I Did A Thing My Finger Slipped And I Accidentally Booked Another Cruise My 3rd In Less Than 3 Months Thats A Lie Of Apr 17 2022 Sep 2 Ashleydillo Changed The Title To Anthem Of The Seas
- Cruise Line: RoyalCaribbean International Nov 20, 2022 Dec 4, 2022 Dec 18, 2022 Jan 15, 2023 Jan 29, 2023 Feb 12, 2023 Feb 26, 2023 No prices currently available for this sailing.
- Western & Southern Caribbean with Perfect Day and Miami Beach Stay, on 13th October 2022 with Royal Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas. Find the best cruise deals in the UK here.
- 2022 cruise year for Royal Caribbean Cruises with departure dates, ship names, cruise lengths, cruise names, starting point/end points and prices. … 7 Night W. Caribbean& Perfect Day
- The 7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day visits Miami, Florida Philipsburg, St. Maarten Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas and Miami, Florida. Explore our cruise itineraries and choose from a variety of rooms depending on your needs and budget. Start planning your next cruise vacation by selecting a destination and departure port.
- May 16, 2022 – If you’re going on Royal Caribbean‘s Oasis of the Seas and looking for recent Cruise Compasses, you’re in luck. Our family sailed on Oasis of the Seas for a 7 day Bahamas and CocoCay itinerary.
Don’t Miss: Back To Back Cruises Carnival
Savor A Taste Of Sinaloa
One of the best things to do in Mazatlán, Mexico is to try the local cuisine. The city is known for its authentic Sinaloan dishes, which include hearty stews made in a caldo, or big pot, and fresh-caught seafood. If you like shrimp, try some refreshing aguachiles. If youre craving something a little more robust, order a bowl of birria a stew made of coriander-spiced beef, goat or lamb.
Royal Caribbean Required Reservations For Its Shows But Carnival Did Not
Due to its large size, Wonder of the Seas required reservations to attend nightly shows, which Joey made through the Royal Caribbean app.
She found that it was often hard to get reservations for the show she wanted on the day. So she started making reservations days before each event depending on how popular it was.
While the reservation got Joey into the venue, there were no assigned seats, so she still had to arrive early to get the best view.
The Carnival Vista didn’t require passengers to reserve shows ahead of time. Instead, guests could arrive early for the best seat in the house, or come in the middle of a show and grab any open seat.
Recommended Reading: Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-airport An Ihg Hotel
Death Of Chloe Rae Margaret Wiegand
On 7 July 2019, 18-month-old Chloe Rae Margaret Wiegand was dropped to her death from an open window by her grandfather Salvatore Anello on Freedom of the Seas while docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He was later arrested on counts of homicide by authorities in Puerto Rico. The family attempted to file a civil suit against Royal Caribbean claiming that Anello did not know the window was open. Royal Caribbean later released several videos from surveillance cameras showing the incident. As of 25 February 2020, Anello took a plea deal with authorities, however the civil lawsuit was still approved by a judge.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Miami Herald reported that, after cruises were cancelled worldwide and they had disembarked all passengers, Royal Caribbean Cruises had refused to repatriate many of their crew members due to the associated costs, with many crew members turning to desperate measures, such as hunger strikes, as a result.
As part of the Cruise Line International Association , Royal Caribbean has volunteered to pause operations through 31 October 2020. Previously, the pause was to end on 15 September 2020.
At the end of October 2020, Royal Caribbean extended its global sailing suspension through December 2020. That suspension was then extended through April 30, 2021.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Health And Fitness
Royal Caribbean features a fantastic array of health and fitness facilities that include a spa, a fitness center, a rock-climbing wall, and much more.
Adults-only Solarium offers a calm, quiet, peaceful atmosphere for an adult to relax. The solariums are indoors and outdoors. The lounger area can be covered during cooler weather by a large glass roof.
Amplified Pool Deck is a next-level pool game. The pool is overflowing with new ways to spend the day in the sun, literally. They have double the pools surface area to cover the deck with tons of space to lounge, swim, and keep guests connected with the pool.
Flowrider is a 40-foot long surf simulator onboard Royal Caribbean cruises. You can grab your board and get ready because 30,000 gallons of water can rush anytime on the way.
PADI Scuba Diving Expedition encourages you to go and spend some time underwater and discover it. PADI dive instructor will lead you on an underwater adventure with a range of different courses so that you can get certified right onboard for diving.
Pools give you plenty of chances to make a splash and bask in the sun or relax in the shade while having your favorite cool tropical cocktail and enjoy the complimentary loungers and live music.
Rip Tide plunges their riders into new thrills on the only headfirst mat racer waterslide at sea that will take you twisting, exhilarating plunge and turning to the bottom.
Walking & Running Track is a great way to explore the ship and intake some sea air.
Don’t Miss: Toyota Land Cruiser Truck 2022
Which Royal Caribbean Ships Sail To Mexico
Because Mexico is such a common country to visit on a cruise, the majority of Royal Caribbeans fleet visits Mexico at one point or another during the year.
Youll find everything from Royal Caribbeans smallest Vision Class cruise ships to the largest cruise ship in the world, Wonder of the Seas, sailing to the Caribbean side of Mexico.
Navigator of the Seas is the only ship offering cruises to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles.
If youre planning a cruise to Mexico and struggling to decide which cruise ship to book, check out our helpful guides on picking the best ship for your vacation:
Royal Caribbean To Mexico
- No elements found. Consider changing the searchquery.
- No elements found. Consider changing the searchquery.
- Save favorite vacations & searches
From powerful online search, to specializedtravel expertise, and exclusive deals and extras- discover what makes Avoya Travel a different,better type of travel company.
Also Check: Carnival Cruise Line Gift Cards
Rci Cruise Cancellation Policy
Starting April 18, 2018, Royal Caribbean passengers who want to cancel an upcoming cruise without penalty have to do so farther out from the departure date than before. The new RCI cruise cancellation policy simplifies the penalty fee schedule by reducing the number of itinerary categories from 5 to 2: those of 1 to 4 nights and those 5 nights or longer.
The previous time when RCI updated its cancellation policy was on March 7, 2016.
Royal Caribbean Cruise For Kids And Teens
Fun isnt just for adults, says the Royal Caribbean, as it offers a wide range of kids and teens activities on the cruise.
A family fun place where they can take a nostalgic turn on the Handcrafted Carousel. It is colorful and full of charm that brings your beloved infant remembrances to sea.
Adventure Ocean Teens & Kids Club offers a UP and Away in the first-ever glow-in-the-dark musical at sea. Here you can follow the puppets Max and Mia, who are landing down to the ocean floor searching for treasure hidden deep beneath the waves.
Adventure Ocean Youth Program is specially designed to ignite the imagination. Here kids have plenty of options to choose their own immersive adventure. These spaces to call their own at the hangout.
Adventure Ocean Youth Programs is not only entertaining kids on board, but it will be educational too!
Aquanauts give endless ways to keep the little cruisers busy while their parents want some quality time. It offers bubbling science experiments and dino-size secrets that are just waiting to be uncovered.
At H20 Zone, kids can get drenched, splashed, and sprayed all day long, including interactive geysers, climbable sculptures, water cannons, pools, and waterfalls.
Explorers have no end to activities that engage young imaginations. It includes science experiments, Fossil Fever, Space Mud, Meteorology Madness, Art and Craft activities and deck parties.
Read Also: Cruises From Dubai To Singapore
Royal Caribbean Cruises Highlights
- An incredible company that has been in operation since 1969.
- A well-known name in the cruise line industry, with service standards that accompany their length of time in the industry.
- Winner of a plethora of service awards, including “Best Cruise Line in the Caribbean,””Best Cruise Line Overall,” and “Best Cruise Ship Symphony of the Seas.”
- Amazing rooms in various sizes available for all of your accommodation needs and party sizes.
- Breathtaking views, offering you uninterrupted views of the water, the shores, and all of the beautiful sights of each destination.
- Unmatched customer service to make your trip a relaxing and unforgettable experience.
- Knowledgeable tour guides to accompany you to places that you might have never heard of.
- Lots of space to explore and get to know the ship.
Rci Cruise Ships Classes
RCI’s fleet has vessels in the following classes:
- Note: All vessels have an Outdoor Movie Theater , Solarium , Aqua Park, Rock Climbing Wall, FlowRider , 3D Cinema, Virtual Balcony Staterooms.
- “Oasis Class” ships feature Neighborhoods, AquaTheater, 3D Movies, Waterslides , Zip Line, 2 FlowRiders, 2 Climbing Walls, Carousel, Ice-Skating Rink, Loft Suites .
- “Icon Class” is a new design vessel with GT ~200K tons and passenger capacity 5000 .
- “Quantum Class” and “Quantum Ultra Class” ships feature North Star , RipCord , Seaplex , Two70 Lounge , Loft Suites, Music Hall .
- “Freedom Class” feature Ice-Skating Rink, Royal Promenade .
- “Radiance Class” feature Glass Elevators, Gyroscopic Self-Leveling Pool Tables, Mini-Golf Course.
- “Vision Class” ships is the fleet’s oldest, excepting only the “Sovereign Class” ships Majesty and Empress.
The Voyager-class, Freedom-class, and Oasis-class vessels have Royal Promenade. It is a centerline promenade in a multi-deck Atrium with a pedestrian area lined with restaurants and shops. At night, the Royal Promenade turns into an entertainment venue hosting live parades and dance parties. Royal Promenade’s upper levels have “Promenade Staterooms” . Next aerial photo shows a Voyager-class cruise ship .
Next aerial photo shows an Oasis-class cruise ship as looked from above.
Next is shown a Quantum-class ship as looked from above.
Read Also: Port Of Miami Cruise Terminal
Rci’s Wedding Packages & Vow Renewals
Standard wedding packages include priority services , non-denominational officiant, pre-recorded music, 3-tier cake, chocolate-covered strawberries, a specialty restaurant dinner and in-bed breakfast , themed cabin decorations, 1-hour photo service, 1x champagne bottle , keepsake wedding certificate .
Wedding package add-ons may include beauty services , live music, DJ , cocktail reception .
Wedding packages are priced between USD 2000-5600 .
Royal Caribbean Cruises Travel Tips
- A brand name that you know and can trust.
- Industry master, with over 50 years of experience and operation in the cruise line sector.
- They provide an incredible travel experience to all ages and have amazing amenities to help heighten your experience.
- Rock walls, surfing, and even waterparks to offer you something unique that you won’t find on any other cruise ship.
- Simply unpack and settle in once, then relax into your stateroom for the remainder of your trip.
- Our fast processes for embarkation and disembarkation give guests even more time to explore and allow for quicker access to the ship to reach anything you may need from us or your room.
- Incredible staterooms and suites to offer you the most relaxing experience while onboard.
- Incredible personalized experience designed to provide a family-like atmosphere.
- The industry’s most knowledgeable cruise managers and guides, providing you with the best guided experiences in the cruise market.
- Varied excursions available including everything from walking tours to guided biking tours, hikes, and more.
Also Check: Cruises Out Of Boston 2022
New Internet Packages Cost
RCI’s ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are “Cruise Planner” booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased onboard and also pre-purchased via RCI’s “Cruise Planner” booking system.
- “Voom Surf Voyage” is the “light package” providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms . The “Voom Surf Voyage” Internet package cost depends on the number of mobile devices using it. “Voom Surf” pricing is as follows: $13 , $12 , $10 and $20 .
- “Voom Surf + Stream” is the “real deal”, offering unlimited Internet activities, including high-speed video streaming . The “Voom Surf + Stream” Internet package cost also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 , $16 , $14 and $28 .
Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers VOOM package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members when the VOOM package is purchased onboard.