Royal Caribbean Cruises To Cuba From Florida
The newly-refreshed Empress OTS had scheduled a total of 58 voyages in the period January 2018 through March 2019, with more than half offering overnights in havana. Empress was homeported in Tampa for summer 2018, for 4- and 5-night itineraries to Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Havana . For the winter 2018-2019 season, the ship repositioned to Port Everglades .
On December 1, 2017, RCI added 2 new Cuban ports included in 4- to 8-night long Caribbean itineraries on Empress of the Seas. The new 7-night “Best of Cuba” itinerary from Miami visits Cienfuegos, Havana, and Nassau. The 5-night itinerary visits Key West Florida and Havana . The 8-night itinerary visits Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba, Grand Cayman Island, and Labadee Haiti.
Majesty of the Seas offered 4- and 5-night itineraries to Havana leaving roundtrip from Tampa and from Fort Lauderdale . In July 2017, RCI unveiled the company’s 2nd ship to Cuba – Majesty OTS, homeported in Port Canaveral. Starting March 25, 2019, the liner offered a 4-night voyage calling at Havana.
Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles . An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from the USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
The Joy Of Going Dutch
The Dutch have managed to keep the sea at bay for hundreds of years, but many of the best European cruises still make their way into Amsterdam. If you tire of the tranquility you find amid tulip fields and beneath towering windmills, make your way to the hipster capital of Rotterdam.
Expectation: I Wouldnt Be Able To Taste Local Cuisine
If theres one thing that makes me excited about exploring a new country or city, its food. Whether empanadas in Argentina or pho in Vietnam, food has been an important part of my travels over the past decade.
One of my initial concerns about cruising to Europe is that I wouldnt be able to try local cuisine due to how many meals I would have on the cruise ship.
Dont get me wrong… I love dining on a Royal Caribbean cruise, but eating Greek salad on the ship did not seem as appealing as eating Greek salad at an oceanfront restaurant in Crete.
Read Also: 7 Day Cruises From Tampa
Brilliance Of The Seas
Following a 14-night transatlantic sailing from Florida to Rome, Brilliance of the Seas will spend most of summer 2022 in the Adriatic Sea and Greek Isles.
As bookends to the season, the ship will offer two 6-night Italy & Adriatic cruises on May 9 and October 30, calling in Croatia, Italy, Greece, and Montenegro.
From May to September, the ship will offer seven-night Greece & Croatia and Greek Isles cruises roundtrip from Venice.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Travel Tips
- A brand name that you know and can trust.
- Industry master, with over 50 years of experience and operation in the cruise line sector.
- They provide an incredible travel experience to all ages and have amazing amenities to help heighten your experience.
- Rock walls, surfing, and even waterparks to offer you something unique that you wonât find on any other cruise ship.
- Simply unpack and settle in once, then relax into your stateroom for the remainder of your trip.
- Our fast processes for embarkation and disembarkation give guests even more time to explore and allow for quicker access to the ship to reach anything you may need from us or your room.
- Incredible staterooms and suites to offer you the most relaxing experience while onboard.
- Incredible personalized experience designed to provide a family-like atmosphere.
- The industryâs most knowledgeable cruise managers and guides, providing you with the best guided experiences in the cruise market.
- Varied excursions available including everything from walking tours to guided biking tours, hikes, and more.
Also Check: Odyssey Of The Seas Cruise Ship
Enchantment Of The Seas Transatlantic
So far, the ship has no scheduled repositioning itineraries and offers round-trip cruises from Baltimore.
- 2023 April 30 15-day Transatlantic from New York City to Civitavecchia , visiting Funchal , Malaga , Marseille , Villefranche , La Spezia from $970 pp.
- 2023 November 13 14-day Transatlantic from Barcelona to Tampa, visiting Malaga , Ponta Delgada , Nassau prices from $1100 pp.
City Of Love Cte D’azur
The only thing better than strolling into Paris as the Eiffel Tower lights up at night? Sitting down for a meal of fresh-caught seafood as the sun sets into the harbor of aptly-named Nice. France has got something for every traveler, which is why so many cruises to Europe dock here.
Read Also: Cruise For Family Of 5
Transatlantic & Transpacific Cruises
Reposition your view of paradise with a transatlantic or transpacific cruise.
Have you ever thought of traversing an entire ocean from coast to coast? You can go further than you ever thought possible on a transatlantic cruise, crossing the waves between the U.S. and Europe. Departing from Florida, Barcelona, Southampton and Copenhagen, these cruises include both tropical and cultural island stops, in ports such as the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Greenland and Iceland. Meanwhile, transpacific cruises go from Sydney to the U.S., with plenty of white-sand-beach-filled South Pacific ports in between. Take in sweeping views of the Pacific while stopping in exotic ports to see the secluded beaches of Vanuatu or the volcanic vistas of Hawaii.
Lifeguards On Rci Ships
Since 2017, all RCI ships have onboard licensed lifeguards by the line’s “water safety program”, implemented fleetwide. By the new program, water safety signs are placed throughout the ship.
Ship’s lifeguards are dressed in special uniforms and stationed at every swimming pool, including the Solarium during the complex’s opening hours. All Royal Caribbean lifeguards are trained through the RCI’s partnership with StarGuard Elite .
- The water safety program includes a 15-min presentation . The instruction is for by both kids and parents and held during Adventure Ocean’s open-house session.
- Swim vests for all kids are readily available. Additional signage is added around swimming pool areas and in all cabins to encourage parents to use them.
- Kids under 12 require a parent or guardian to be present when swimming in any of the cruise ship’s pools.
RCI’s water safety program was rolled out fleetwide in 2017 . Next are listed all RCI boats and the itinerary dates when each implemented the new lifeguard service.
The news made RCI the 2nd major cruise company with shipboard lifeguards – following DCL-Disney and followed by NCL-Norwegian starting with NCL’s 4 largest vessels and employing onboard lifeguards fleetwide by 2018.
Shipboard poolside activities vary, but some of the common ones include watching movies , playing bingo, hosting fun competitions, games, classes .
You May Like: Nile Cruise Luxor To Aswan
Best Repositioning Cruises 2022 & 2023 Sail All Inclusive From Only 62 A Day
Repositioning cruises present a unique opportunity to cruise across the transatlantic enjoying two worlds while making the most of some banging deals.
Transatlantic repositioning cruises take place at various points throughout the year as cruise lines shift their ship depending on the season.
Many ships generally pass the winter in the Caribbean, for instance, offering cruises around the tropical islands, and then spend the spring and summer in the Mediterranean calling at Europes countless hotspots.
As Jo Rzymowska, Vice President and Managing Director of Celebrity Cruises, explained: In the late autumn, our transatlantic cruises sail from Europe to North America, whilst in the early spring, they depart from the United States and head back across the Atlantic.
Both offer a wealth of stunning destinations to explore from the sun-soaked Mediterranean, the Azores and Canary Islands, majestic Iceland and Greenland and the exotic Caribbean. The itinerary travellers choose will depend on what sort of holiday theyre looking for.
These repositioning cruises tend to be cheaper than other sailings as they include more days at sea but this doesnt need to be seen as a negative thing. According to travel agent Bolsover Cruises Club: Repositioning cruises are usually great value and more for those that love lazing away on sea days.
Royal Caribbean Group Extends Cruise With Confidence Policy Through April 2022
Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Introduce New Booking Options
MIAMI, May 6, 2020 To provide peace of mind in vacation planning, Royal Caribbean Group is extending its Cruise with Confidence cancellation policy to sailings through April 2022.
For new and existing bookings created by August 1, 2020, guests have the flexibility to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to sailing and receive a full credit of the cruise fare for a future cruise through April 2022. The cruise company has also enhanced Cruise with Confidence with new rebooking options. The updates now available to travelers and their travel advisors include:
- Best Price Guarantee: Guests can choose to change the price and promotional offer on their reservation up to 48 hours before their cruise.
- Lift and Shift: For ease and as close as 48 hours prior to sailing, travelers have the option to simply lift and shift their cruise to the same itinerary departing on a future date. The original price and promotional offer on the reservation will be protected, along with the length of the cruise and stateroom category.
Guests are reacting positively to our Cruise with Confidence policy, says RCL chairman and CEO Richard Fain, because it enables them to make informed decisions and to better manage complicated travel plans during this unprecedented time of uncertainty.
Dont Miss: How Much Is The Most Expensive Cruise Ship
Read Also: American Cruise Lines Reviews Tripadvisor
Royal Caribbean Cruises In April : What To Expect Royal Caribbean Blog
Posted: March 29, 2022 at 1:28 pm
This article is an effort to share what you need to knowabout going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in the month of April, with important news, tips, and helpful information along the way.
Just like March, April is when many families look to enjoy a spring break cruise. That means higher demand for cruises in April through the Easter holiday, and higher guest counts more than likely.
Easter falls on April 17, 2022, which is usually the culmination of spring break demand. The last week and half of April could see less demand for cruises, since school will be back in session.
If you want to avoid crowds, look for a cruise in the last week of April.
Three more Royal Caribbean cruise ships return to service in April.
Radiance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas will start back up with a repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver so that they can be ready for the start of the Alaska cruise season in May.
Voyager of the Seas will sail from Copenhagen in late April to kick off Royal Caribbeans European season.
At the end of April, only one Royal Caribbean cruise ship will remain out of service since the pandemic, which is Rhapsody of the Seas.
Wonder of the Seas will bid adieu to her temporary home in Fort Lauderdale and sail to Barcelona, Spain on a 14-night transatlantic cruise on April 20th.
Heres a look at the other transatlantic crossings in April:
All crew members on every ship will be fully vaccinated.
Updates For Transatlantic Sailings
As protocols for different cruise itineraries, embarkation ports, and destinations have been shifting rapidly in the past few weeks, guests booked on the upcoming transatlantic crossings from Europe to North America will be relieved to finally have updated guidance for their cruise travel.
Royal Caribbean International has been reaching out to booked guests to communicate these requirements, and the cruise lines Healthy Sail Center informational page has also been updated with the latest protocols, but the cruise line does note that protocols are subject to change and we are committed to keeping you informed if they do.
The affected voyages are the following:
- September 4 Voyager of the Seas from Copenhagen, Denmark to Boston, Massachusetts
- October 17 Anthem of the Seas from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- October 25 Jewel of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain to Orlando, Florida
- October 30 Wonder of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain to Orlando, Florida
- October 31 Odyssey of the Seas from Rome, Italy to Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- November 4 Vision of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain to Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- November 5 Brilliance of the Seas from Rome, Italy to Tampa, Florida
- November 8 Rhapsody of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain to Bridgetown, Barbados
Also Check: Schwinn Women’s Beach Cruiser
Royal Caribbean Cancels Cruises In Europe Ship To Sail From Florida Instead
Royal Caribbean informs travel agents and guests that Serenade of the Seas’ European sailings in 2023 are canceled.
Royal Caribbean International has informed travel agents and impacted guests it will not be deploying Serenade of the Seas in Europe in 2023. The vessel had been scheduled to sail two Atlantic Crossings and a series of cruises from Copenhagen to the Baltic area.
The cruise line has canceled all voyages between May and September and says the ship will be redeployed to sail from a port in Florida.
New Internet Packages Cost
RCI’s ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are “Cruise Planner” booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased onboard and also pre-purchased via RCI’s “Cruise Planner” booking system.
- “Voom Surf Voyage” is the “light package” providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms . The “Voom Surf Voyage” Internet package cost depends on the number of mobile devices using it. “Voom Surf” pricing is as follows: $13 , $12 , $10 and $20 .
- “Voom Surf + Stream” is the “real deal”, offering unlimited Internet activities, including high-speed video streaming . The “Voom Surf + Stream” Internet package cost also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 , $16 , $14 and $28 .
Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers VOOM package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members when the VOOM package is purchased onboard.
Recommended Reading: New Orleans Carnival Cruise Port
Odyssey Of The Seas Transatlantic
- 2022 October 31 13-day Transatlantic from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale, visiting La Spezia , Valencia , Malaga , Funchal from $1030 pp.
- 2023 April 22 14-day Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Civitavecchia , visiting Malaga , Alicante , Palma De Mallorca , Marseille , La Spezia from $1770 pp.
- 2023 October 27 15-day Transatlantic from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale, visiting La Spezia , Villefranche , Malaga , Gibraltar , Ponta Delgada , Kings Wharf from $920 pp.
Do I Have To Dress Up On A Royal Caribbean Cruise
Royal Caribbeans dress code is casual during the day at night theres either casual, smart-casual or formal dress code depending on the schedule. Casual attire includes jeans and collared shirts for men and sundresses or pants with blouses for women smart-casual means collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits and on formal nights, suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns are expected. If you want to avoid dressing up altogether on any night, the extensive Windjammer Cafe is always casual dress.
Caps, tank tops and bathing suits are never allowed in the main dining room or specialty restaurants shorts are not permitted during dinner and footwear is always required.
Recommended Reading: Where Is The World Cruise Ship Now
Also Check: Cruises From Baltimore To Bermuda 2022
Rci’s Wedding Packages & Vow Renewals
Standard wedding packages include priority services , non-denominational officiant, pre-recorded music, 3-tier cake, chocolate-covered strawberries, a specialty restaurant dinner and in-bed breakfast , themed cabin decorations, 1-hour photo service, 1x champagne bottle , keepsake wedding certificate .
Wedding package add-ons may include beauty services , live music, DJ , cocktail reception .
Wedding packages are priced between USD 2000-5600 .
Different Protocols For Some Sailings
Be sure to refer to Royal Caribbeans requirements for your sailing, especially if you are on a transatlantic cruise, or sailing from somewhere outside of the continental United States, such as Puerto Rico or Barbados.
As an example, the transatlantic crossings require all passengers to be fully vaccinated, and only one day before the cruise to get a negative Covid test result.
Its important to double check the protocols on Royal Caribbeans website well before your embarkation day to ensure you are doing everything you need to be, in the right timeframe.
Also Check: 26-inch Huffy Panama Jack Women’s Cruiser Bike
Brilliance Of The Seas Transatlantic Panama Canal
- 2022 October 30 6-day from Ravenna to Civitavecchia , visiting Split , Bari , Corfu , Messina , Naples from $620 pp.
- 2022 November 5 15-day Transatlantic from Civitavecchia to Tampa, visiting Cartagena , Arrecife , Gran Canaria , St Cruz De La Palma from $800 pp.
- 2023 April 3 14-day Panama Canal from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles, visiting Cartagena , Colon , Panama Canal , Puntarenas , Cabo San Lucas , Ensenada from $910 pp.
- 2023 April 17 6-day from Los Angeles to Vancouver, visiting Monterey , San Francisco , Victoria prices from $340 pp.
- 2023 September 24 10-day from Vancouver to Honolulu , visiting Hilo , Nawiliwili , Kailua Kona , Lahaina from $930 pp.
- 2023 October 4 18-day from Honolulu to Sydney, visiting Papeete , Raiatea , Moorea , Auckland , Bay of Islands from $1410 pp.
- 2024 April 12 16-day from Sydney to Honolulu , visiting Bay of Islands , Tauranga , Raiatea , Papeete , Moorea from $1320 pp.