From October 11 202: Review On The On
Starting from 0:00 am on October 11, 2022, based on the New Border Measures , for all cross-border travelers and returnees from countries/regions where the B.1.1.529 Omicron variant becomes dominant ), self-quarantine in places such as their own residence or accommodations and refraining from use of public transportation are no longer required in principle. or a certificate of negative result of pre-departure COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departing from the original country/region.
Opening Hours And Holidays:
Shops and department stores in Japan are generally open daily, including national holidays , from 10:00 or 10:30am to 7:30 or 8:00pm. Some specialty shops are closed Sundays and national holidays. Department stores are sometimes closed one day a week on an irregular basis, but since closing days vary for each store, shoppers can always find stores that are open.
Yokohama Tours Shore Excursions Hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Stay at Osanbashi Pier: the sunrise and the sunset there are amazing. You will see Minato Mirai, Bay Bridge and Yamashita Park. The sun will rise dehind Bay Bridge and it will set down behind Minato Mirai. Mt. Fiji is seen on a clear day.
- Sankeien Garden: traditional garden for Japan with shrines, ponds and pagoda.
- Yamashita Park: close to Osanbashi Pier is Yokohamas premier park. Its length is 750 m. There you can see Hikawa Maru or join some of the events. Across is the Yokohama Marine Tower.
- Chinatown, Motomachi: go shopping in Motomachi and try one of the best food in Yokohama in Chinatown.
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum: the museum is noodle and mimics Tokyo in1958.
- Yamate Bluff and Harbor View Park: neighborhood with many historic Western homes, gardens and parks. There are a foreigners cemetery, Harbour View Park and Motomachi Park.
- Noge, Kogane-cho, Isezaki-cho: dont miss to visit those area to discover the life in Yokohama.
- Kirin Yokohama Beer Village: tour the Kirin, Yokomaha beer factory, and try a free beer.
- Minato Mirai 21 Area: spend leisure day in this new area. Visit museums, amusement park, office towers, shops and parks. Great place for all the family.
- Yokohama Bay Stars: visit a baseball game at the Yokohama Stadium.
Recommended Reading: Cruise Lines Out Of Norfolk Va
From Accommodation In Central Tokyo To Yokohama Port
- Our assistant or driver will meet and greet you at hotel entrance / bell desk with a signboard showing “GREEN TOMATO” logo.
- Pick up time will be set between 11:30am and 2:00pm. The final pick up time will be sent to your registered email address a day prior to the service day.
- Only accommodation that you will stay in central Tokyo is available. If you would like to specify other location as pickup point, please use Private Transfer Service.*Apartment, Capsule hotels and Guest houses are not available.
Reinforced Quarantine Measures For All The Travelers Who Enter Re
Taking such elements as knowledge of COVID-19 variants of special treatment on border measures, epidemic situation in each country/region, risk assessment of current situation of inflow of the COVID-19 to Japan, and efficacy of the vaccination among others into account, and judged from a comprehensive risk assessment of inflow of coronavirus from each country/region, the following additional measures will be implemented as designated countries/regions in response to COVID-19 variants of special treatment on border measures according to separate designation based on this measure All cross-border travelers and returnees from some of the countries/regions which are separately listed among the designated countries/regions are requested, for the time being, to stay for 10 days at facilities designated by the Chief of the Quarantine Station . In addition, those who obtain negative results of all COVID-19 tests conducted on the third, sixth and tenth days from the entry into Japan, may leave the facilities.
Subject countries and regions of the measures will be designated and confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The designation is duly announced. The above-mentioned quarantine measures will be applied to those entering Japan who have stayed within 14 days in the designated countries and regions.
You May Like: Cruises Out Of Port Canaveral 2022
Intercontinental Yokohama Pier 8
This is the second Intercontinental Hotel to open in Yokohama, adjoining Yokohama Hammerhead, an integrated facility opened at Shinko Pier Cruise Terminal. As a rare hotel built on a pier, guests can enjoy views of the bay and views of the city over the water. All 173 rooms are spacious with over 45 m2 of floorspace, and designed with meticulous care to give guests the impression of traveling on a ship. The rooftop is reserved for use by guests only, allowing enjoyment of views of the sea of Yokohama with the Bay Bridge, and cruise ships arriving and departing right before them.
From January 2019 It Will Be Changed To The Following Contents
- We wait customers at arrival hall called CIQ area from 8:00 – 10:30 for Diamond Princess. We have a desk in arrival hall, so please find our logo, GREEN TOMATO.
- If arrival port is changed due to bad weather, we will refund the fee and we dont re-arrange transfer service.
- If arrival time is delay but the cruise ship arrive at Yokohama port on that day, we will correspond it without charge.
- If arrival date is changed to next day due to bad weather, we will correspond it without charge.
- If customers dont need our transfer service due to above reason, we will refund the fee but we need the information in advance from you or customers. **For above scenarios, If we are not notified with new information, we carry out the original booking and 100% charge is applied.
- Only accommodation in central Tokyo is available. If you would like to specify other location as drop-off point, please use Private Transfer Service.*Apartment, Capsul hotel and Guest house are not available.
Read Also: Fall Foliage Cruise Hudson River
Lifting Of The Suspension Of Visa Validity
Single entry visa and multiple entry visa which have been issued by Embassies, Consulate-Generals and Consulates of Japan in all countries/regions and whose validity have been temporarily suspended have been resumed again from 0:00 am on October 11, 2022.
As for visas already issued under Ã¢â¬ÅBusiness TrackÃ¢â¬ï¿½ or Ã¢â¬ÅResidence TrackÃ¢â¬ï¿½ and visas issued based on Ã¢â¬ÅNew border measures Ã¢â¬ï¿½ , for the time being, validity of those visas have been suspended from 0:00 am on January 21, 2021 based on the announcement of the Government of Japan dated on January 13, 2021.
Embark On A Journey Of Sophisticated Luxury At Yokohamas Exclusive Address
Ted C: The Intercontinental Yokohama Pier 8 is very convenient. You can watch your cruise ship sail in!
A new era of luxury awaits at InterContinental Yokohama Pier 8 offering uninterrupted harbor views from nautically inspired rooms and suites.
Evoking the spirit of the sea, serene Japanese gardens seamlessly blend with lively restaurants and bars making this an urban oasis in vibrant Yokohama.
Savor internationally curated menus showcasing the finest seasonal produce and experience the warmth of Japanese hospitality as you watch your cruise ship glide majestically into port.
Also Check: Best Cruise For First Time Adults
Daikoku And Shinko Cruise Terminals
In April 2019, Port Yokohama was opened Daikoku Cruise Terminal. The new facility has 1 berth , water depth 11 m and capacity to handle the world’s largest passenger vessels .
In October 2019 was opened the Shinko Pier Cruise terminal, on which construction works started in June 2018. The new passenger terminal is sized 30290 m2 . The existing Shinko Pier was extended to LOA length 340 m . Pier’s drought / water depth is now 9,5 m allowing docking for large cruise liners with max GT 110,000 tons.
Shinko Cruise Terminal has dedicated check-in, immigration, customs and quarantine areas, as well as currency exchange, free WiFi, restaurants, 25 shops, internal hotel , parking facilities . The new terminal is within walking distance from city’s main public transport links, major recreational facilities and shopping malls in Minatomirai and Red Brick Warehouse areas.
The 5-story Shinko Terminal is for cruise vessels only. Building’s first floor houses immigration, customs, quarantine and entertainment facilities, convenience stores, food and beverage outlets. The new 5-star hotel is also dedicated mainly to cruise ship passengers. Limousine transfers are also available. Shinko Pier terminal’s surrounding area was transformed into Hammerhead Park and Promenade.
Yokohama Port Shared Transfer : From Tokyo Hotels To Yokohama Port
Enjoy a hassle-free start to your cruise with this shared transfer service from your hotel in central Tokyo to Yokohama Osanbashi cruise port. Meet your driver at your hotel, and relax on the journey to Cruising to board your departing ship. This shared transfer service is available to coincide with your cruise’s departure schedule.
You May Like: Cruise Ships You Can Live On
Century Southern Tower Hotel
Hotels In Yokohama And Transfers To And From Cruise Port
How does the limo bus work? How far is their station from a hotel local to the cruise port? Assume you need to take taxi to hotel from their station? Do most hotels provide trans. to port? Flying into Narita, going to hotel near cruise port, returning to Narita airport from cruise. Opinion on Green Tomato transportation?
Also Check: Norwegian Cruise Port New Orleans
From Yokohama Port To Hotel / Ryokan In Central Tokyo
- Our assistant will wait for you at arrival hall of Yokohama Port International terminal, just after customs clearance with a signboard showing “GREEN TOMATO” logo.
- We will start waiting at arrival hall from 8:00am.
- Only accommodation that you will stay in central Tokyo is available. If you would like to specify other location as drop-off point, please use Private Transfer Service.*Apartment, Capsul hotel and Guest house are not available.
The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama
The Kahala Hotel & Resort has accommodated the U.S. president and VIPs from various other countries for over half a century, and it is renowned for continuing to charm many people even today as a luxury hotel in Oahu of Hawaii. The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama inherits the brand name, The Kahala, in its first step toward global expansion. It has opened for the first time outside Hawaii in the Minato Mirai 21 district of the cosmopolitan city of Yokohama, surrounded by beautiful scenery. The exterior was designed in the image of the waters edge, with the beating of waves and dazzling light reflecting off the surface of the water, to blend in to its waterside location. The inside was designed on the concept of crystal modern. The interior is filled with the exhilaration of light reflecting off crystals, with the combination of silver and crystals creating a stylish and elegant atmosphere.
Also Check: Celebrity Cruise Parking Ft Lauderdale
Yokohama Cruise Port Access
How to get to Yokohama Passenger Terminal from Haneda Airport, Narita Airport, hotels/ryokan in Tokyo and beyond.
Option 1: Airport Limousine Bus
Take the Airport Limousine Bus route bound for Yamashita Park, Minato Mirai 21, Red Brick Warehouse to Osanbashi Pier.
Travel time: approx. 40 mins
Fares: 720 yen , 360 yen
Tickets: Tickets are available at the Haneda Airport International Terminal 2F Bus Ticket Sales Counter
Option 2: Train
Fares: 660 yen , 330 yen
Tickets: Buy them at Haneda Airport International Terminal Station. Alternatively you can use SUICA/PASMO.
Option 1: Airport Limousine Bus and Train
Total fare: 3,600 yen + 180 yen = 3,780 yen.
Tickets: Tickets for the Airport Limousine Bus are available at the Limousine Bus Ticket counters at Narita Airport 1 , 2 and 3. Minatomirai Line tickets can be bought from the station ticket machines or you can use SUICA/PASMO.
Option 2: Train
Border Measures To Prevent The Spread Of Novel Coronavirus
Information about entering into Japan
- New entry of foreign nationalsRegarding new entry of foreign nationals into Japan, based on the New Border Measures dated on September 26, 2022, prescribed applications in the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up Systems is no longer required. In addition, the measure to limit the entry of foreign tourists to those on package tours was lifted. Furthermore, visa exemption arrangements have been resumed from 0:00 am on October 11, 2022. Please refer to 5. Lift of the suspension of visa exemption measures for more details.Suspension of visa validity under the border measures has been also lifted from 0:00 am on October 11, 2022. Please refer to 4. Lift of the suspension of visa validity below for further information.
- Quarantine measures:Based on the New Border Measures , for all cross-border travelers and returnees from countries/regions where the B.1.1.529 Omicron variant becomes dominant ), on-arrival test at the quarantine station, self-quarantine in places such as their own residence or accommodations, and refraining from use of public transportation are no longer required in principle. In addition, all returnees and entrants are required to provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate of vaccines on the Emergency Use List of World Health Organization
Read Also: Cruises From Miami To The Bahamas
Hotels In Yokoyama Japan Close To Princess Cruise Terminal
The cruise departs from Osanbashi Pier in Yokohama, and the closest station is Nihon-Odori Station of the Minatomiral Line. Two stops west from the station by the Line is the Minatomiral Station, where is there are many shops and restaurants to visit and 3 good hotels, such as Yokohama Royal Park Hotel, Yokohama Grand Intercontinental Hotel, Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu, which have spacious but not so expensive rooms. One stop west from the Nihon-Odori Station is the Bashamichi Station where there’re more inexpensive hotels, as follows. It is good to take the Minatomiral Line eastbound to Motomachi-Chukagai to eat Chinese cuisine.
Yokohama Is A Small Town In A Large City
Yokohama is a small town in a large city. Transportation is inexpensive and one can efficiently get where one wants to go. The Pedi-cabs can seat two and a fun way for sightseeing. The restaurants are varied and where we usually stay near OSANBASHI. I recommend the Scania offering Norwegian dishes across the street in the Silk Building there is a small antique shop specializing in 1950s and 60s Americana goods. Across from the Scania is the Yokohama archives where you visit exhibits and rad up on Yokohama’s modern history.
Read Also: Viking River Cruises Family Friendly
Top Sights & Attractions In Tokyo
The Tokyo tower is an architectural example and modern marvel of Tokyos impressive skyline. From here, you can gaze over the forest of gleaming skyscrapers and patchwork of lush parks below. Theres an easy drop-off to/from Haneda Airport too, making it a perfect place to start or end your journey.
Komagatake Ropeway and Lake Ashi
Take a thrilling ride on the scenic Komagatake Ropeway, a cable car that ascends one of Hakones highest peaks and takes you all the way to Lake Ashi. On your ropeway ride, youll see dazzling views of Mount Fuji from the sky in the comfort and safety of these fabulous aerial trams. Once at Lake Ashi, you will board a Viking-inspired wooden boat for an unforgettable trip around this pristine high-elevation lake. This is a wonderful trip for nature lovers.
Tokyo Imperial Palace
The Emperor of Japan calls the Tokyo Imperial Palace home, so many parts of this stunning property do not accommodate tourists. However, you can spend hours exploring the palaces beautiful gardens and in season, cherry blossoms, or discover the history of the palace on a guided tour. Kitanomaru Park is famous, where cherry blossoms cover the area in the spring and couples rent boats to paddle the palace moat. Youll feel transported to another time here.